THE DNA OF SCIENTOLOGY – Lying, Greed & Fair Game
In their most recent filing in Bixler v. Masterson et. al., attorneys for defendants Danny Masterson, David Miscavige, RTC, and the Church of Scientology parroted one of Scientology’s most chronically and oft-repeated lies:
One of Scientology’s biggest outright lies is that Fair Game was cancelled by L. Ron Hubbard in 1968. As has been shown so often shown, Hubbard only cancelled the use of the term “Fair Game” as it created bad PR:
While Hubbard cancelled the use of the term “Fair Game” he absolutely did not cancel any of his policies about how the Church was to brutally handle Suppressive Persons.
L. Ron Hubbard also lied when he declared in a 1976 affidavit:
There was never any attempt or intent on my part by the writing of these policies (or any others for that fact), to authorise illegal or harassment type acts against anyone.
As soon as it became apparent to me that the concept of ‘Fair Game’ as described above was being misinterpreted by the uninformed, to mean the granting of a license to Scientologists for acts in violation of the law and/or other standards of decency, these policies were cancelled. — L. Ron Hubbard, affidavit of March 22, 1976, quoted in Barrett, David V. (2003). The New Believers: A Survey of Sects, Cults and Alternative Religions. Octopus Publishing Group. p. 464.
Hubbard wrote this even as his Guardian’s Office agents were engaged in a massive crime wave in which they systematically burglarized US government offices and the offices of other governments. This followed the years of Scientology’s Fair Game efforts to drive Paulette Cooper to suicide or get her imprisoned for making bomb threats Scientology agents had actually made. In this same time frame, Hubbard’s Guardian’s Office tried to frame Clearwater Mayor Gabe Cazares for a hit and run. Hubbard himself was involved in money laundering and income tax evasion. Hubbard’s 1976 affidavit was a complete lie as was most of Hubbard’s life.
When he was alive, Ron Hubbard and Scientology displayed an utter contempt for the law, routinely broke the law, engaged in Fair Game, and lied about it. Nothing changed when Hubbard died.
David Miscavige and Scientologists still break the law and engage in Fair Game. We do not make this statement lightly. A recurring feature of this blog is called Scientology Crime Watch. This feature covers the stories of Scientologists who have been arrested; are on trial; awaiting sentencing; or have been imprisoned. For example, we recently reported on the bail bond totals for Scientologists awaiting their criminal trials. This speaks to the culture of crime and the cover ups of crime within the Church of Scientology:
1. Danny Masterson: Three Counts of Felony Rape. $3,300,000 bond.
2. Dr. Dennis Nobbe: Healthcare fraud, money laundering. $200,000 bond.
3. Leo Hamel: Illegal gun sales. $250,000 bond.
4. Hanan Islam: MediCal Fraud. $250,000 bond.
5. Rizza Islam: MediCal Fraud. $100,000 bond.
6. Jeffrey Spina: Medicare Fraud. $200,000 bond.
7. Jay Spina: Medicare Fraud. $200,000 bond.
8. Kim Spina: Medicare Fraud. $100,000 bond.
* Michael Cohn: Obstruction of Justice charge related to his employment at Scientologist-owned GPB Capital. $250,000 bond.
Total: $4,500,000 in bonds for Scientologists out on bond awaiting criminal trial.
* Although Michael Cohn is not a Scientologist we include him in the total as his arrest occurred in the course of his obtaining employment at the Scientologist-owned GPB Capital Holdings, a NYC private equity that has been described in lawsuits as a Ponzi scheme. Whereas GPB Capital had $1.8 bullion AUM, its recent ADV shows $239 million AUM. Where did all the money go? And what of GPB’s purported ties to Russian organized crime? It gets worse as there are alleged ties to the Mafia through GPB’s NYC waste management component.
The Church of Scientology knew that Scientologist Reed Slatkin was conducting a $600 million Ponzi scheme and did nothing to stop him. Rather, Scientology took in millions of dollars in “donations” from Slatkin. The same can be said of Scientologist David Gentile and his GPB Capital Holdings. Stay tuned for developments on GPB Capital Holdings. How much money has Scientology pocketed from GPB?
Although Ron Hubbard cancelled the use of the term “Fair Game” all of his vicious attack policies are still in place and are considered scriptural mandates in Scientology. A few examples:
* This is the correct procedure: Spot who is attacking us. Start investigating them promptly for felonies or worse using our own professionals, not outside agencies. Double curve our reply by saying we welcome an investigation of them. Start feeding lurid, blood sex crime actual evidence on the attackers to the press. Don’t ever tamely submit to an investigation of us. Make it rough, rough on attackers all the way. — “Attacks on Scientology” (25 February 1966).
* If attacked on some vulnerable point by anyone or anything or any organization, always find or manufacture enough threat against them to cause them to sue for peace. — Dept. of Govt. Affairs (15 August 1960).
* The purpose of the suit is to harass and discourage rather than to win. The law can be used very easily to harass, and enough harassment on somebody who is simply on the thin edge anyway, well knowing that he is not authorized, will generally be sufficient to cause his professional decease. If possible, of course, ruin him utterly. — A Manual on the Dissemination of Material (1955).
THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN CONTROL IS TO LIE TO THEM. You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only way you can control anybody is to lie to them. — Lecture: “Off the Time Track” (June 1952) as quoted in Journal of Scientology issue 18-G, reprinted in Technical Volumes of Dianetics & Scientology Vol. 1, p. 418.
The greed of Scientology is legendary and has been well-documented over the decades. Scientology requires a great deal of money to pay for its psycho-terrorist campaigns of Fair Game, hate websites, and its legions of lawyers and private investigators.
Scientology’s paranoid rage — as expressed in Fair Game — is outrageously expensive and incredibly self-destructive. And yet it never occurs to Scientologists that they have appointed themselves their own executioner. In the final analysis, Fair Game is best understood as Scientology expending exorbitant sums of money and life energy to irreversibly destroy itself.
Scientology is at war with all the parts of its own existence. We see this in the culture of sec checks; knowledge reports; bankrupting reg cycles; RPF; forced abortions; contracts of adhesion; the destruction of its own youth in the Sea Org; the internal cover-ups of rape and pedophilia and so much more. This all happens because there is a death wish buried deep inside of Scientology. A group that truly wants to survive would not behave in the irrational and self-destructive ways Scientology behaves.
The Church of Scientology is also at war with the world and seeks nothing less than global domination by use of Hubbard’s demented plan of social engineering. Even as Scientology creates vast and useless amounts of meaningless and self-congratulatory PR, its agents stay continually busy trying to destroy anyone deemed an enemy of Scientology or an SP. This is readily apparent when we read Hubbard’s policy called Targets Defense. This Hubbard policy speaks to the psychological manipulation and fascist social engineering program that is at the core of the Scientology Master Race ideology.
HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE
Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex
HCO POLICY LETTER OF 16 FEBRUARY, 1969
Cen O Con
It is quite obvious that Scientology has to maintain a defense perimeter. In 19 years of continual attacks it is obvious that Dianetics then Scientology must have lain across some concerted plan by another older group to do something else.
To analyze what the others intended, it is only necessary to review what Dianetics and Scientology intended to do and assume the reverse.
Experience has shown that defense is only effective when one sorties or attacks.
When we did not give a lot of time and energy and funds to knocking out real enemies we came close to losing the lot.
The errors we have made have been
1. Defending only.
2. Defending on Scn ground.
3. Being reasonable and assigning mild motives to the enemy.
4. Failing to attack early and hard.
5. Undervaluing the broad social value of Scn.
6. Individuating from other similar organizations.
7. Not learning enemy tactics and using and bettering them.
8. Failing to heavily contest for public opinion and public media.
9. Failing to identify the enemy early and hit him hard.
A. Our best defense is that we are sincere, that we are effective and that we commit no crimes.
B. Our next best defense line was being sure the public knew we were a Church.
C. Our next best was being quick and able and using very fast comm lines.
We must not repeat the errors of 1 to 9.
And we must reinforce A, B and C.
The vital targets on which we must invest most of our time are:
T1. Depopularizing the enemy to a point of total obliteration.
T2. Taking over the control or allegiance of the heads or proprietors of all news media.
T3. Taking over the control or allegiance of key political figures.
T4. Taking over the control or allegiance of those who monitor international finance and shifting them to a less precarious finance standard.
T5. Generally revitalizing the societies in which we are operating.
T6. Winning overwhelming public support.
T7. Use all other similar groups as allies.
These, of course, are very long range targets. But it is what must be done to continue the longevity of our organizations.
Our only justification for doing these things is that Scientology is the only game where everyone wins.
The names and connections, at this time, of the bitterly opposing enemy are:’
1. Psychiatry and psychology (not medicine).
2. The heads of news media who are also directors of psychiatric front groups.
3. A few key political figures in the fields of “mental health” and education.
4. A decline of monetary stability caused by the current planning of bankers who are also directors of psychiatric front organizations would make us unable to function.
5. The cold war is being fought on home ground and has an apparent target of degrading western society to a point where we are finding it difficult to operate; a degraded society can be swallowed up easily by an enemy.
6. The public is somewhat sympathetic already but in a democracy trials are by public opinion. To win all the way, the bulk of public opinion must be at the level of love us … hate the enemy.
7. Many groups exist with similar aims. They need organizing and uniting.
At first glance the targets T1 to T7 are a pretty big handful. But we have to start somewhere. And we might as well start in the direction of the total target as per T1 – T7.
Nearly everything we are doing is already tending in that direction T1 – T7.
We have the advantage of new vital technology and a monopoly on it. New technologies are the things which made progress.
We do not have a Utopian dream or a planned society. We are trying to survive. Our theory is that if individuals become more honest and less harassed they will be capable of building a better society.
The fact is we would have gone along happily minding our own business. But these fantastic and continuing attacks have pushed us more and more into developing a technology and direction of defense.
We now have a lot of experience. We have been hurt, we have been held back. It has cost us millions. Normal channels of the society have let us down. Therefore we are on our own. Obviously. To our actual and factual view, the West is prostrate and near helpless and the rest of the world is a big slave camp.
If we don’t do anything about it we and everyone else are gone
So we may as well have a go.
If we unite all groups into an interplay and use all forces extant and channel them we have a very big chance of winning.
Therefore from an appreciation of all data to hand and experience it seems that T1 to T7 is beneficial. Things that don’t are a relative waste of time.
If we, doing our jobs, doing no wrong, breaking no laws, are having trouble operating, what about the rest of the West? We’re not the only ones in hot water. In fact we are probably in far better shape than many many other groups and for sure in better shape than other individuals.
So we can and must take the lead.
And we ourselves must develop many leaders.
We may as well start now and push all we are doing in defensive actions into T1 to T7.
Copyright (c) 1969
by L. Ron Hubbard
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Comments are closed.